Job Function: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Category Manager
Employment type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: UK - England - London, Stockwell
Category Assistant, Diva Professional
Who are we?
Salon UK is one of the UK’s leading hair electrical producers, managing a portfolio of professional and consumer brands (including Diva Professional Styling, Glamoriser and Trevor Sorbie). Sold throughout the biggest hair and beauty wholesalers and retailers in the UK and Europe, we have a huge catalogue of products across all hair electrical categories that are used by stylists worldwide in salon, backstage in film and TV as well as consumers at home.
Category Analysis & Product Development
- Conducting regular competitor and market research, store checks and online research which can be referenced by designers and Category Manager
- Supporting the Category Manager in product developments and approval
- Close liaison with manufacturers
- Social media content creation and activation- daily management of social platforms
- Close liaison with PR agency to deliver unified, consistent and targeted marketing communications
- Assisting the Category Manager in event planning for UK & International roadshows, exhibitions and client events
- Close liaison with brand ambassadors & industry leaders
- Managing the helpdesk email and ensuring a timely response to any customer queries.
- Collation of monthly returns report to summarize any trends or frequent issues coming through.
- Managing sample stock inventory for sales team and product gifting
- Point of sale activation & coordination
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Social media experience is advantageous to this position
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work effectively in a team, but also self-sufficient and resilient when working without supervision
- Practical problem solving skills
- Confident, enthusiastic and persuasive in their manner, the job holder will be practical and methodical in their approach to problem solving
- Good PC skills with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)