At Salon Europe Ltd including all subsidiaries and group companies, we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our website visitors.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR), and other applicable legislation, the controller is:
UKSalon Europe Ltd
27 Furnival Street
EuropeSalon Europe GmbH
Hausinger Strasse 4
Our group Data Protection Officer can be contacted at - email@example.com
To view your notification regarding our processing of your data please choose a category below that most closely describes your relationship with Salon Europe Limited:
Information We Collect
Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services, or to request a quote (“enquiry data”)
The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, and selling relevant goods and/or services to you.
The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract
- We may process information that you provide to us so Salon Europe Ltd can inform you about future offers, and keep you informed about our services. We may process your contact history, purchase history and saved items;
- information from social media accounts you link to us (e.g. Facebook);
- information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you if we provide you with any form of credit or purchases on account;
- Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems;
- your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions;
This personal information is required to provide products (or services) to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing certain products and/or services to you.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
To provide information to you relating to other similar products that may be of interest to you in our Legitimate Interest.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products
We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. Correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and relevant communications with users.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
Providing your Personal Data to Others
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies This means our retail or logistics network, or Salon Europe GmbH. Your Personal Data will only be disclosed insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal basis, set out in this notice.
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in the circumstances detailed below:
In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
On occasion we include links to third parties on this website or provide your personal data to -
- third parties we use to help deliver our products and/or services to you, e.g. payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts;
- third parties approved by you, e.g. social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers;
- credit reference agencies;
- where required our insurers and brokers;
- our bank(s);
Where we provide a link, for example to Facebook, TikTok, Instagram or YouTube, it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy.
International Transfers of your Personal Data
We do not currently transfer or store your Personal Data outside the UK or European Economic Area.
Should such transfers become necessary, appropriate lawful transfer mechanisms will be implemented this policy will be updated with details of the transfers, and appropriate safeguards implemented.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Retaining and Deleting Personal Data
Personal Data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
The period of retention of “enquiry data” and “correspondence data” will be determined based on the resolution of the enquiry or Personal Data provided in connection with an enquiry leading to the purchase of products or services will be kept for the duration of the agreement, and a maximum of 7 years after, unless requested to delete the data beforehand.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority, for example the Information Commissioner’s Office
Our Group Data Protection Officer may be contacted at email@example.com